Welcome to the website of the Global Consortium for Depression Prevention
This is the website of the Global Consortium for Depression Prevention. This is group of researchers who are interested in the development and dissemination of evidence-based interventions aimed at preventing the onset of depressive disorders. At this website you can find the names of the researchers participating in the Consortium, background information about research on prevention of depression and a list of randomized trials examining the effects of preventive interventions.
- Learn more about prevention of depressive disorders...
- Look at the list of Members of the Consortium...
- Go to the list of randomized trials examining the effects of prevention...
The organisers of the two meetings of the Global Consortium for Depression Prevention (Pittsburg, 2009; Utrecht, 2011) are:
- Prof. Pim Cuijpers, Department of Clinical Psychology and EMGO Institute for Health and Care Research, VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands;
- Prof. Aartjan T.F. Beekman, Department of psychiatry, VU University Medical Center, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Prof. Charles F. Reynolds III, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and Graduate School of Public Health, Pittsburgh, USA;
- Prof. Filip Smit, Trimbos-institute (Netherlands Institute of Mental Health), Utrecht, EMGO+ Institute for Health and Health Care Research, VU University Medical Centre, Amsterdam, The Netherlands;
To contact the Consortium, you can send an email to Prof. Pim Cuijpers.